Sort of relevant, since he deliberately idealized Asian culture and married an Asian woman as an alternative to liberated white women – possibly on top of extreme social ineptness that made him unable to be with a white woman, physically or emotionally; i.e., someone who would challenge his views.
- Several comments about how he wished life would go back to how it was in the 50’s
- References to seeing parts of the US state we are currently in, to get an idea how it was “before it all changed.”
- Said: “When the new order comes, we will hang all the drug dealers. Just watch.” Everyone cringed at the dinner table and went silent with jaws open. He said it in total seriousness. “The new order.”
- How life was much better in medieval times and how art was all about celebrating the human spirit
- Several brutal comments about a woman with a mustache working as a Woman’s Studies professor at a local college
- Several comments about black people
Convenient, that he married an Asian woman, and my brother spent the entire afternoon and evening lying in bed in the other bedroom (we were visiting a relative’s house), refusing to come out and communicate with other people, instead lying in bed and staring at the ceiling (he’s 32).